Massage therapy is becoming more widely accepted within the medical community as credible treatment for back pain, pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis and osteoarthritis and as a cooperative treatment for many other health disorders. In addition to it’s incredible physical benefits, massage has been show to help psychologically via relaxation and increased production of endorphin’s.
Whether you choose one of our carefully selected massage chairs or one of our self-massage products, you can be sure you are getting quality products that made it through Bodo’s strict selection process to help you live well.
Click on a link below to browse our massage products or continuing reading to learn more about massage therapy benefits.
Benefits of Massage
- Improved spinal health and relief from symptoms of arthritis, osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia
- Reduced lactic acid buildup, reducing muscle fatigue and recovery time for athletes
- Improved blood flow throughout the body through compression and relaxation of the muscles, increasing circulation, improving lymphatic drainage and improving immune system response
- Decreased tension in muscles, which can improve flexibility, reduce pain and improve sleep
- Reduced effect of stress on tissue repair, wound healing and high blood pressure.
- Improved mental health issues such as anxiety and depression through the lowering of cortisol and the increase of the levels of neurotransmitters that assist in reducing symptoms.
Massage for Stress, Anxiety and Depression
The benefits of massage for stress, anxiety and depression have a multi-tiered approach. The massage itself directly helps to reduce feelings of anxiety and depression and targets physical manifestations of these conditions. Massage can reduce stress hormones (cortisol) by up to 53%, lowering blood pressure, heart rate and feelings of anxiety. The massage session also helps to affect neurotransmitters in the brain, increasing serotonin and dopamine levels that can help to reduce symptoms of depression. The mood benefits of regular massage can also help to lower the use of pain medication for chronic pain by up to 36%.
Massage for Acute Back Pain
Most episodes of acute back pain are caused by muscle strains, such as from lifting a heavy object, a sudden movement or a fall. When muscles are strained or torn, they become inflamed, causing spasms, severe pain and difficulty moving. Large upper back muscles are also prone to irritation due to de-conditioning (lack of strength) or overuse injuries. Massage therapy is helpful in working out spasms, reducing inflammation and improving range of motion. Through the increase in blood flow and circulation, needed nutrition is brought to muscles and tissues aiding in the recovery of muscle soreness from physical activity or soft tissue injury.
Massage for Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia can affect patients differently, but is typically characterized by pain, stiffness, fatigue and non-restorative sleep. Patients typically feel widespread pain and pain in specific areas. Massage can target both specific and widespread pain, while easing tension, improving flexibility and improving circulation.
Massage for Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
Spinal arthritis is the breakdown of cartilage between the aligning facet joints in the back portion of the spine. the facet joints become inflamed and progressive joint degeneration creates more frictional pain as bone rubs on bone. Massage can help to reduce pain by improving circulation while reducing stress and muscle tension.
Massage for Athletic Performance
The keys to increased athletic performance typically revolve around flexibilty, circulation/blood flow, muscle and tissue recovery, sleep and relaxation levels. Massage therapy is an effective means for athletes to improve and maintain their optimal performance. With regular use of massage therapy, athletes are able to improve flexibility in muscle fibres, improve circulation in order to breathe easier and move more fluidly, reduce injury and speed recovery after intense workouts, enjoy deeper sleep and increase relaxation levels in both mind and body.
25 Benefits of Massage Therapy
1. Relieve Stress
2. Relieve Post Operative Pain
3. Reduce Anxiety
4. Manage Chronic & Acute Pain
5. Reduce Fibromyalgia Pain
6. Reduce Muscle Tension
7. Enhance Athletic Performance
8. Relieve Tension Headaches
9. Improve Sleep Quality
10. Ease symptoms of Depression
11. Improve Cardivascular Health
12. Reduce Osteoarthritis Pain
13. Decrease Stress in Cancer Patients
14. Improve Balance in Older Adults
15. Decrease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
16. Temper effects of Dementia
17. Promote Relaxation
18. Lower Blood Pressure
19. Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
20. Reduce Chronic Neck Pain
21. Lower Joint Replacement Pain
22. Increase Range of Motion
23. Decrease Migraine Frequency
24. Improve Quality of Life in hospice care
25. Reduce Chemotherapy-Related Nausea